The ConfigMgr 2007 Toolkit contains 7 downloadable tools to help you manage and troubleshoot ConfigMgr 2007.
The following list provides specific information about each tool in the toolkit.
- Client Spy – A tool to help troubleshoot issues related to software distribution, inventory, and software metering on Configuration Manager 2007 clients.
- Policy Spy – A policy viewer to help review and troubleshoot the policy system on Configuration Manager 2007 clients.
- Trace32 – A log viewer that provides a way to easily view and monitor log files created and updated by Configuration Manager 2007 clients and servers.
- Security Configuration Wizard Template for Configuration Manager 2007 – An attack-surface reduction tool for the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system with Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 (SP1 and SP2) that determines the minimum functionality required for a server’s role or roles, and disables functionality that is not required.
- DCM Model Verification – A tool used by desired configuration management content administrators for the validation and testing of configuration items and baselines authored externally from the Configuration Manager console.
- DCM Digest Conversion – A tool used by desired configuration management content administrators to convert existing SMS 2003 Desired Configuration Management Solution templates to Desired Configuration Management 2007 configuration items.
- DCM Substitution Variables – A tool used by desired configuration management content administrators for authoring desired configuration management configuration items that use chained setting and object discovery.